Wednesday, July 16, 2008

PUPPY LOVE



By: Swati Sudha
Remember the days you are at home all by yourself with no one to talk to, and then you start fidgeting and becoming restless. You don’t get anything worth watching on T.V, cant concentrate on your work ,have had enough of sleep. You don’t know what to do next. Are these the symptoms you show? If yes, then my friend you suffer from a little bit of loneliness .But don’t worry I have just the right cure for you. I suggest indulge yourself in some ‘PUPPY LOVE’. Hey! don’t get me wrong. I have a simpler definition of this term. I just mean bring home a pet. A puppy may be.
Being an animal lover I strongly advocate adopting a pet, because this will not only cure your loneliness but also give an innocent animal a family.
Staying home alone for the major part of the day with no one to talk to,I rely on my dog to give me company. If you are someone with ‘the gift of gab’ like I am, then there’s no better audience than a pet. The reason being simple-you can keep talking and the pets just listen. They never interrupt or answer back. They believe all that you say and never question. And if you are a girl you can be assured because pets never disclose your secret. For those readers who are finding me crazy for talking to my pet I will just say you have to see it to believe it .This kind of puppy love is really good.
The best part about having a pet as your friend is that you can tell them about all your achievements and they never ask for a treat (something very useful for a penniless person like me).Also pets never quarrel, never yell at you, never expect too much and never make stupid demands like humans. They just ‘give’, their unconditional love and loyalty. Even if you leave them alone at home and return very late, they never get annoyed, never nag. They are always happy to see you more than anyone else. And when you are too sad to speak to anyone they sit by your side to comfort you. No matter how many times you scold them they come to you with their tails wagging behind them.
And if you are thinking that with a pet comes responsibility, then I’ll say you are right. Taking care of a pet is like taking care of a baby, but once they get older they start taking care of you. All they need is a little bit of attention and a whole lot of affection. But believe me these cute animals are far better than human companions in every way for they are ‘selfless’. So next time when someone swears at you calking you a dog or for that matter an animal, take it as a compliment. And if loving a human doesn’t always work for you try Puppy Love.

Swati Sudha

No comments: